Unless you like the hairy caveman look, chances are, you groom your body hair. An unspoken ethic, manscaping turned out to be a big deal for every man living in the 21st century and keeping up to its lifestyle. Manscaping is a humorous term that blends the words “man” and “landscaping.” It denotes the removal or trimming of hair on a man’s body for cosmetic purposes.
What Does Manscaping Involve?
There is a variety of manscaping styles. Body grooming rules and preferences are inconsistent. The manscaping technique that works best on your chest hair is less ideal for your back. The most common areas for manscaping are:
- Arms & Legs
- Below the Belt
Who Needs Manscaping
Every guy is different, and how much hair you want to remove depends on your (and potentially your partner’s) preferences, as well as how much hair you have to start with. Although there is no right age to begin manscaping the decision often depends on a number of factors including how much hair you have and if it’s bothersome or embarrassing to you. Manscaping isn’t an all-or-nothing situation. So, don’t panic if you’re not looking to go completely fur-free. Along with how much hair you plan to keep, it’s also important to think about the placement and shaping of your body hair. While some men prefer a hairy chest and clean stomach, others opt for a smooth chest.
Manscaping Trends 2022:
Australian Men’s Health reports that men are becoming more aware about self-grooming, focusing on their skin and hair. Here is a recap for our readers and clients:
- 2021 was the year of the brow. We’ve been seeing this for years with our facial hair electrolysis clients, and it looks like the trend gone global.
- Nose hair must go.
- Out with the big unruly bushy hipster beards. Move over, lumbersexual!
- Chest hair is really up to personal preference.
In addition to hair removal, men are investing more in self-care and personal grooming. Some new manscaping terms we learned in 2021:
- Mampering: Pampering is for women. When a man is indulging in the occasional facial, relaxing massage, or buying too many grooming products, it’s just him indulging in a bit of ‘mampering’.
- Brotox: Colloquially referred to as “Brotox”—a play on the name for Botox—it remains the most-requested cosmetic procedure for men. With more and more men not only receiving Botox treatment but also being more open about it, experts are confident the trend will continue to grow.
- Manzilian: Gone are the days where waxing was strictly a woman’s practice. Regardless of their social status, men around the world have started to see the many advantages of a regular waxing session.
- Groomzilla: You may have heard about bridezillas. A groomzilla is a new, beastlier breed of grooms. A groomzilla doesn’t passively watch while his fiancee plans the wedding. He has a taste for the finer things in life.
Every man knows that to get the best results, you need the right tools for the job, even when manscaping. Electrolysis by Alison is here with the right tools and technique for your permanent facial and body hair removal needs in Los Angeles. Whether you are a groomzilla or just a regular guy looking to get your body or facial hair under control permanently, we invite you to schedule a consultation or an appointment on 323-875-4225.