As an Angeleno, you are probably familiar with the “Santa Ana” phenomenon – the strong winds we experience every fall. The Santa Ana winds are strong, extremely dry downslope winds that originate inland and affect coastal Southern California and northern Baja California. They originate from cool, dry high-pressure air masses in the Great Basin; hence the name “Santa Ana.”
Are the Santa Ana winds leaving your skin dry this fall? Try these tips to keep your skin feeling and looking your best:
- Drink plenty of water: at least 8 glasses a day is the recommended amount for most adults.
- Keep using sunscreen: In fall and winter, Angelenos still need broad spectrum, UVA-UVB sunscreen, SPF 30 or above.
- Moisturize, both in the morning and at night: Santa Ana winds and indoor heating work together to remove skin’s protective oils and moisture.
- Use an SPF 30 lip balm to prevent your lips from becoming chapped or cracked
- Cleanse your skin gently: switch to a hydrating, low-sulfate or sulfate-free cleanser that still removes dirt and oils.
- Consider a hydration IV: this is the secret celebrities use for a “quick fix” for deep hydration from within.
Whatever the season, we are finding that smooth skin is always “on trend.” We are here to help you with all your hair removal needs in Los Angeles!